Find Hotels That Allow 18 Year Olds to Check In
Struggling to find which hotels allow 18-year-olds to check in?
We’ve got you covered!
Finding Hotels For 18 Year Olds Can Be a Challenge
Many hotels have a minimum check-in age of 21, making it difficult for younger travelers to find somewhere to stay.
We understand the struggle! So we’ve done all the hard work to find hotels that accept 18 year olds.
Search By State
Alternatives to Hotels For 18-Year-Olds
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B): These are often smaller, more personalized accommodations. They typically include breakfast and sometimes other meals as well.
- Vacation Rentals: Platforms like Airbnb and Vrbo offer a wide variety of rental options. From private rooms to entire homes. This can be a good option for larger groups or for those looking for a more home-like environment.
- Hostels: These are budget-friendly options that often have shared rooms and communal facilities. They are a popular choice among young travelers and backpackers.
- Motels: These are often more affordable than hotels. Also, many don’t have the same minimum age requirement to rent a room.
- Campgrounds: For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are lots of campgrounds and RV parks.
- Cabin Rentals: These are often found in more rural areas and can provide a cozy and secluded retreat.
- Resorts: These are usually more upscale options that offer a range of amenities. Such as pools, restaurants, and recreational activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Legally, you book a hotel when you’re 18 years old. That said, many hotels have a minimum age of 21 for insurance purposes. Some even have a minimum age of 25.
Some hotels have a minimum check-in age of 21 due to legal reasons, insurance policies, or to minimize potential damages as younger guests may be perceived as higher risk.
When we create lists, we scour hotel websites on the internet.
First, we will look at websites like Booking.com and Hotels.com to get big lists of websites in different states and cities.
Next, we look to see if the hotels have any age restrictions. We exclude all the hotels that have minimum age restrictions of 21 or more.
Then we visit the hotel’s own websites to look at their small print to see their minimum booking age. If we can’t find it, we call the hotel and ask.
Once we have the answer, we add the hotel to our list.
That said, hotels can and do change their minimum age requirements. This can happen because after having problems with younger guests or insurance rates going up.
So although we try to keep our lists up to date, always confirm the age limit before you make a booking.
To keep it easy, we structure the price range like this:
- $ – less than $100 per night
- $$ – between $100 – $150 per night
- $$$ – Over $150 – $200 per night
- $$$$ – $200 – $250 per night
- $$$$$ – $250+ per night
However, these prices can and do fluctuate depending on the time of year and holidays.
Yes, it is legal for an 18 year old to book in a hotel if the hotel allows it.
Generally, you will need to provide a valid government-issued ID. Such as a driver’s license or passport to check in to a hotel.
Some hotels might also ask for a credit card for incidentals. It is always a good idea to check with the hotel directly for any specific requirements.
Most hotels don’t charge additional fees solely based on age.
However, some hotels may require a deposit or hold on a credit card for incidentals. It’s always a good idea to check with the hotel directly for any additional fees.
Yes, you can book a hotel online if you are 18.